May 28, 2011

Tag time!

A tag that I flicked from here.

I love writing tags, so the next time any of you guys get one, please do count me in.

1.What is your current obsession?

The Big Bang Theory (The sitcom, not the actual theory. I hardly paid attention in school, what will I obsess about now.)

2. What are you wearing today?

Umm.. Let’s see. Wore jeans and a top when I had to step out in the afternoon. Now back in home clothes.

3. What’s for dinner?

Dinner was roti, a bit of rice, and chicken! :) (Yes, I’m a foodie. Sue me.)

4. What’s the last thing you bought?

If it’s a major purchase you’re talking about, then has to be groceries (read: lots of unnecessary stuff that was not even on the list) from Spar supermarket. If it’s in the literal sense, then butter chicken from the dhaba nearby.

5. What are you listening to right now?

The fan whirring in the hall where I’m sitting. Was watching a movie, so no music on.

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?

I stole this tag from another blog. And I think her blog is great. :)

7. What are your must-have pieces for summer?

Lots of cotton stuff that doesn’t hug to my body, especially white tees.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

Anywhere that is cold. The Hyderabad heat is killing me.

9. What is one thing you want to learn to do?

Play guitar.

10. What’s your favourite quote?

“In three words, I can sum up everything I have learnt about life- it goes on.” Frost.

And this one too:- "But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it the most?"- Mark Twain.

12. Who do you want to meet right now?

My bunch of friends from school.

13. What is your favourite colour?

Purple purple purple. That’s all I can think of lately.

14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?

No one particular piece of clothing. But I do have a special liking towards my denim three-fourths and the cotton t-shirts that I have, about four of them white. (FYI, Ginger has THE best cotton tees. Just love them. And they’re easy on the pocket too.)

15. What is your dream job?

Where I don’t have to wake up early in the morning. And one that keeps me occupied a lot, so that at the end of the day, when I hit the bed tired, I know I would’ve earned it. (And yes, two-day weekends a must. I need my weekends.)

16. What’s your favourite magazine?

Filmfare! Go ahead, judge all you want, I still love the magazine.

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?

I would spend it on what I usually spend the most on- either food or books. Oooh yes!! I would buy the Calvin and Hobbes Box Set!!

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?

Too much of accessorizing. I really don’t think wearing a chunky necklace with chunky earrings and hundreds of bangles makes one look gorgeous. Keep it simple. And nothing too flashy. Flash does not equal fabulous.

19. Who are your style icons?

No one in particular. I don’t follow anyone’s style. I’m not much of a fashion-monger.

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?

Used to have a straight cut before. Did layers a while ago. Lost a lot of hair. So now I think I’m gonna stick to a simple straight cut. Although, layers do look good.

21. What are you going to do after this?

Get back to watching the rest of Sandesham.

22. What are your favourite movies?

Too hard to say. Seriously.

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can’t live without?

Moisturizer (I have nightmares about dry skin), Kajal ( If you ever see a girl on the road with eyes made up like Kathakali artistes, go over and say hello. That’ll be me.), and lip-balm. I can’t name a particular brand for any of these, because I keep trying new ones.

24. What inspires you?

A lot of things. It can be a thing, a moment, a person, a word, an image. Anything.

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you.

Clean hair, lots of kajal, a good earthy shade of lipstick. And for some strange reason, pearls.

26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?

Jeans and a tee.

27. Coffee or tea?

Coffee. And Bournvita.:)

28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?

I switch off my phone, or simple ignore it. Then I go someplace that will lift my spirits, like a book store. Or I go get a haircut (always works like a charm. Try it). If I’ve completely gone bonkers, I go get a piercing done. That’s how I got my ear pierced the third time, because I was depressed and wanted to inflict pain on myself ( Please don’t think I’m a nutcase. I really am not. Please believe me!). I feel it works better than inflicting pain on somebody else. My nose is next in line.

29. What is the meaning of your name?

Means divine, I guess. Hah, what an irony...

30. Which other blogs you love visiting?

All the ones that I follow, and any other blog that can make me laugh.

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. But I do love ice-creams and gulab jamuns.

32. Favorite Season?

Winter!!! I love cold weather, in spite of the dry skin that it brings. Maybe because Kerala doesn’t really have a winter season, I wait for the Hyderabad winters now. It’s just lovely. And I’m a lot less cranky when the weather is cold. In summer, my crank-button is jammed on.

33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?

Maggi. Kitchen closed, sir. Maggi is all you’ll get.

34. What is one book that you would suggest the whole world reads?

Another tough one. Hmmm.. R.K.Narayan and Ruskin Bond, anytime. Can’t think of anything else as of now.

Go ahead tag yourself. It's fun to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog is a foodie, just like me. It's favourite food is comments. So please do take a few minutes out to leave a comment. And please be nice! :)